Practice Coach gives you access to legal professionals who can help you manage risks and minimize claims, whether you’re dealing with clients, contractors, employees, or others.
Architecture firms—especially small firms—turn to Practice Coach for practical, up-to-date information about risky practice scenarios, including negotiating and interpreting contracts, resolving or mitigating disputes, determining when to hire a lawyer, and more.
Your subscription comes with unlimited, prompt access to professionals who can help you foresee and possibly prevent costly and destructive legal problems, allowing you to stay focused on design and running your business. See all plan benefits below.
Practice Coach is available only to AIA members and geared especially to smaller firms who have questions or concerns about their business but may not be ready to engage legal counsel. Practice Coach does not provide legal advice but does offer practical suggestions and insight pertinent to your architectural practice. First-time subscribers may be eligible for an introductory rate, and brand-new AIA members may receive a free three-month subscription. See plan rates below.
If you’re an AIA component, your subscription also benefits your chapter’s members.
Learn more >
How can Practice Coach assist you & your firm?
- Negotiating and interpreting contracts
- Navigating through dispute resolution with clients, employees, and contractors
- Identifying unique opportunities and helping you to understand:
- how to structure effective joint ventures
- benefits of incorporating your practice
- considerations when hiring or firing an employee
- options for collecting past due or disputed fees
- factors in transferring ownership of your firm
- Managing risks and avoiding lawsuits
- Improving client communications
- Increasing profits by allowing you to focus on practicing architecture
- Determining whether you need to hire a lawyer for your situation
Important to consider:
- Annual cost is little more than a dollar a day or less than an hour of attorney time.
- Subscribers receive unlimited telephone consultations.
Practice Coach services are offered as an informational resource on practice-related topics and are not offered as legal, architectural, accounting, or other professional services. Neither your subscription nor any telephone conversation will establish an attorney-client relationship.
Your Practice Coach subscription gives you access to practice-related information for little more than a dollar a day—and the annual subscription cost is less than one hour of attorney time in most jurisdictions.
AIA member firm annual rate:
Firm size <26: $550
Firm size 26–50: $750
Firm size >51: $850
First-time subscriber introductory rate:
3-month subscription: $175
Write “Introductory rate” at the top of the subscriber agreement.
New AIA Architect members
Free 3-month trial subscription.
To be eligible, you must be a new, first-time AIA member within the last 6 months.
Write “new member” at the top of the subscriber agreement.
Take the next step
Complete the firm profile and subscriber agreement forms, then submit with payment to:
Practice Coach, LLC
5 Corporate Park, Suite 280
Irvine CA 92606
(800) 688 9780
Important: Please note that Practice Coach Services are offered as an informational resource on practice-related topics and are not offered as legal, architectural, accounting, or other professional services. Neither your subscription nor any telephone conversation will establish an attorney-client relationship.